Friday, March 18, 2011

Explanation

I feel like I owe yall an explanation for why I haven't been posting lately.

I hurt my knee pretty badly two weeks ago. I tried to tough it out, but I really, really struggled with it. I honestly was scared that I had torn something in my knee because it lacked stability when walking. It kind of felt like Willis McGahee's knee after this hit...



Well, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration...

Anyway, I went to the doctor this week. I was very, very nervous that he was going to tell me that I needed some sort of surgery. Frankly, I was a bit depressed by the notion; however, his diagnosis wasn't nearly as bad as my neurotic mind had dreamed of. Essentially, he told me that I upped my level of training too quickly and my knee was just massively inflamed. His recommendation was 2-3 weeks of physical therapy until I can resume running.

Yah, so my dream of running the marathon on May 19th is over, but I am not giving up my quest.

As my friend Kunu would say...

Warning: The following five-second clip has been deemed rated "R" by the Motion Picture Association of America.





I'm going to figure this thing out. Just got to let the knee heal up first...


"Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." - Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment