Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Setback

I didn’t complete my planned 7-mile run this morning.



About two miles into my run, I experienced some slight pain in my right knee. I dismissed it at first, telling myself the pain would dissipate. That wasn’t the case. At the halfway point, I felt like I could have pressed on, but I decided to listen to my body and stop. I’ve got too much invested in completing this marathon to injure myself by overtraining. I discussed the problem with my dad. He seems to think it is an IT band problem, which often occurs in distance runners. He suggested some stretches to do before I run.


I’m going to spend the rest of the day with an icebag around my knee. And maybe some hot ice?



I’ll test my knee again tomorrow. If it still is problematic, I’ll do my workout on the elliptical. Making lemons into lemonade.


“Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.” – Les Brown


Day #17: 3.88 miles – 29.35 min

No comments:

Post a Comment