Monday, February 28, 2011

Daily Juice

Okay, so I have a new obsession – Daily Juice Cafe in Hyde Park.


If you’ve never lived in Austin, Daily Juice is like the super-indie version of Jamba Juice. Basically, it is a juice bar that serves fresh organic juices, smoothies, and superfoods. Additionally, everything that Daily Juice serves is all-natural with a preference for local, organic products.


What do I get at Daily Juice?


Goji shots



If you can’t read the picture above, it states the following: “traditionally used for youthing, stamina, mood, and libido.” Yah, that is a pretty compelling list of benefits. Frankly, I think you should just take Daily Juice at its word, but, for all you skeptics out there, here is what WebMD has to say…


· Goji berries also have compounds rich in vitamin A that may have anti-aging benefits. (http://www.webmd.com/balance/goji-berries-health-benefits-and-side-effects)


Personally, I haven’t experienced any youthing effects, yet; however, I do believe that drinking goji does improve my mood and stamina. I used goji shots to improve my mood after watching Alabama put its NCAA tournament hopes on life support after losing to Ole Miss. I might need a truckload of goji to improve my mood if we lose to Florida on Tuesday, which probably will happen.


I’m not trying to be preachy about healthy eating. Lord knows I love me some Whataburger. Just trying to pass along some useful nutritional information.


“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” -Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment