Saturday, February 19, 2011

Perfection

Today is a day off from running for me. Frankly, I want to run today, but, like my family has warned, I need to be careful of not over-training.


Me? Overdoing something? Where would they get that notion…?


My tendency to overdo things like school, exercise, and, well I guess now, blogging comes from the drive to be perfect. Fear not, my perspective on perfection is a bit saner than Natalie Portman’s character in the Black Swan.



Just don’t check my back for mysterious scratches.


No, I have always liked Coach Gary Gaines’ definition of perfection from the movie version of Friday Night Lights.



That speech is one of the major reasons this blog was created. I know that I won’t fully achieve Coach Gaines’ definition of perfection in my quest to run 26.2 miles, but I want yall to know that I gave it my best effort.


Till tomorrow, I leave yall with the quote of the day…


All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible.” – William Faulkner



No comments:

Post a Comment