Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hiatus

Yesterday, I was warned by Ben Kettle (@thelastlow <--- follow him on twitter) to take it easy on my knee. I scoffed at him, informing him my knee felt much, much better after resting on Friday. Ben, you were right…


After doing the elliptical on Saturday afternoon, my knee started to feel progressively worse throughout the night. Today, I had searing pains in my knee during my flight(s) from Austin to Mobile (putting in some QT with the familia this week). I probably could have gritted through my run this afternoon, but I would have felt Lt. Dan Taylor in the morning.


Because of my knee pain, I am shutting down training until at least Thursday.


Frankly, I am ahead of schedule in training for running my marathon. I can afford to lose a week or two of training; however, I cannot afford to have this knee issue linger much longer than that.


Having to write this blog post bummed me out. I don’t like admitting that I’m struggling to my millions of readers (again, indulge me…), but I want to be honest with yall. At least I have this to cheer me up…


This is my parents’ dog – Pheona. She has a rather peculiar talent…





"I still need more healthy rest in order to work at my best. My health is the main capital I have and I want to administer it intelligently." - Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment